You crave serenity, meaning and joy. But something is in the way. Maybe you feel stretched between the demands of work and your personal life, dissatisfied with your relationships, or held hostage by your inner critic.
You don’t have to figure it out alone.
With a genuine connection and honest dialogue rooted in curiosity and trust, I can help you:
- improve your relationships
- overcome unhelpful patterns without resorting to shame and self-blame
- work through painful emotions in a safe, supportive way
- foster self-compassion, ease and confidence
- heal shame, grief and inner conflict
- B.A. in Psychology- Brown University, magna cum laude
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology (1999)- University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology (2004)- University of Massachusetts-Boston
- Cambridge Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- SFVAMC/UCSF Medical School
I provide individual therapy to adults in California. My work focuses on helping my clients who are impacted by:
- Anxiety and stress
- Relationship problems
- Sleep difficulties
- Loss, grief and life transitions
- Family immigration & intergenerational culture gaps
- Low self-worth
My style is interactive, warm and genuine, and my approach is collaborative and experiential. With over 20 years of experience, I tailor our work together to your specific challenges, drawing from my experience with a variety of therapeutic methods that are grounded in research on neuroscience and attachment theory.
Our relationship is the cornerstone of what makes therapy work. Research is clear that the relationship between therapist and client is the biggest predictor of success and satisfaction in therapy. I take that really seriously.
I am committed to bringing an anti-oppression lens to our work together. I enjoy working with people of all races, cultures, bodies, genders, relationship configurations, class backgrounds, spiritual traditions and sexual orientations. As a white cis woman, I actively work to be anti-racist, culturally aware, and attuned to my privilege and blind spots. I invite you to bring all of yourself to our work together.